Service Technician – Allentown, PA
The Medium/Heavy Duty Service Technician must be able to complete diagnosis of any mechanical, electrical, or other various failures/breakdowns of a truck or its related equipment. This position will also perform disassembly, repair, and reassembly of truck engines, transmissions, carrier assemblies, clutches, brakes, electrical systems, and any other truck or related equipment adjustment/repairs.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Uses all tools of trade, including precision instruments, shop machines.
- Must be able to complete work accurately and timely as outlined in published time standards manual.
- Able to read and understand technical publications, including service manuals and service bulletins and is able to use information contained in them to do their own work and to assist others concerning the content.
- Must be able to determine usability of all component parts and must be able to list and order all needed parts using the dealer management system.
- Must be able to write detailed description of all work performed on each individual repair using the dealer management system.
- Ability to perform all aspects of the job safely and in accordance with OSHA and company rules and regulations expressed and implied.
- Achieves and maintains certifications as required by the company, the OEM’s or by Federal Law.
- Understands the importance of attendance and punctuality and how they affect customer service.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma desired.
- Minimum 2 years as a mechanic.
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact well with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Must be able to read and write in English and understand computer generated reports, office reports, invoices, etc.
- Must be able to operate various computer diagnostic devices, PC’s and laptops.
- Involves essential ability to maneuver around, in, on and under trucks in order to properly inspect and diagnose all types of problems and repairs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to the waist and 25 pounds to the shoulder.