Assistant Service Manager – Pittsburgh, PA
Our Assistant Service Manager is responsible for assisting the Service Manager with operating an efficient, proficient, and profitable service department. This role will maximize shop production, control costs, build a loyal clientele, focus on customer satisfaction, and maintain good employee relationships. Candidate must have the ability manage multiple projects and lead a team of employees.
Function and Responsibilities:
- Possess a strong working knowledge of commercial trucks.
- Exhibit high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Handle customer complaints and demands promptly to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Meet goals and objectives set for the service department.
- Provide management with key customer information.
- Work with HR department to hire, train, and motivate the department
- Monitor performance of service office staff.
- Contribute to regular office and shop meetings to discuss activities and problems.
- Maintain/monitor and report shop production.
- Increase technician efficiency by improving overall processes
- Monitor repair order trends and report to management.
- Schedule office personnel training as necessary to maximize talent and meet OEM requirements.
- Maintain a high level of office cleanliness and organization.
- Maintain a high level of shop cleanliness and general shop appearance.
- Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Seek and develop processes to increase our customer base and overall service profit.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma required; College Degree preferred.
- Truck Service process experience or equivalent
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Display ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills highly desired.
- Product and market knowledge a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits
- Paid Holidays & Vacation