Service Advisor – Pittsburgh, PA
ABOUT TRANSEDGETransEdge Truck Centers is a network of full-service dealerships committed to providing our customers with exceptional service. Our offerings include New & Used Truck Sales, Parts, Service, Leasing & Rental, and Financing for Medium to Heavy Duty Trucks. TransEdge Truck Centers has six modern locations across Pennsylvania, and is the factory authorized dealer for Mack Trucks, Volvo Trucks, Hino Trucks, and Crane Carrier Trucks.
JOB SUMMARYThe Service Advisor is responsible for interacting with customers and technicians in a professional manner, managing priorities and ensuring that all customer’s needs are met. The candidate should be self-motivated, and have excellent communication and computer skills. The Advisor will operate within the goals set by the Service Manager in the business plan each year. He/she must work with the Service Manager to strive for growth with the department. Position Functions and Responsibilities:
- Possess a strong working knowledge of commercial medium/heavy duty truck service.
- Maintain excellent customer service ability and strong communication skills.
- Answer service calls and emails from customers.
- Receive incoming work orders and prioritize emergency/routine maintenance.
- Schedule shop work as efficiently as possible in accordance with dealership policy.
- Assign work to technician and follow up on job as needed.
- Work with the Service Manager to schedule Technicians into appropriate training programs.
- Communicate with the customer regarding status of his/her service request (ASIST)
- Close work orders as they are completed and coordinate payment of services.
- Follow up with customers to ensure work order was completed to their satisfaction.
- Perform additional duties as required.
REQUIREMENTSEducation & Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2+ years’ service/dispatch experience preferred.
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact well with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Solid time management and analytical skills are necessary.
- Strong computer skills highly desired.
- Product and market knowledge a plus.
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits
- Paid Holidays & Vacation