General Facilities Worker – Allentown, PA
Must Be: Self-Employed/Independent Contractor
Hours: As Needed Basis
This individual must perform tasks such as general building construction, maintenance and repairs. Candidate will be responsible for applying basic fixes to building systems and ensure facility projects are completed in a timely fashion.
Function and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, dry-walling, plastering, and electrical.
- Conduct light commercial construction or repairs.
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations.
- Respond to emergency building maintenance requests as required.
- Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Travel to different locations across PA as needed (Pittsburgh, Stroudsburg, Schuylkill Haven).
- Reports to Director of Facilities.
- 2-3 + years relevant experience preferred.
- Must provide proof of general liability insurance.
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills and can interact well with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Display ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to the waist and 25 pounds to the shoulder.