Facilities Operations Specialist – Allentown, PA
TransEdge Truck Centers is a network of full-service dealerships committed to providing our customers with exceptional service. Our offerings include New & Used Truck Sales, Parts, Service, Leasing & Rental, and Financing for Medium to Heavy Duty Trucks. TransEdge Truck Centers has six modern locations across Pennsylvania, and is the factory authorized dealer for Mack Trucks, Volvo Trucks, Hino Trucks, and Crane Carrier Trucks.
The Facilities Operations Specialist must perform skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor construction work in the trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet Company standards. Assists Director of Facilities in planning work, identifying facility needs, and in project management. Duties may fall into a variety of trades, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, fire and safety and keys/security systems.
Function and Responsibilities:
- Performs various preventative maintenance and/or repairs on building systems; plumbing, electrical, mechanical general construction and control systems and related components.
- Work with 3rd party companies for system testing competency and component devices.
- Assists Director of Facilities as needed at all locations.
- Assist Service Manager(s) in service and preventative maintenance on small motorized equipment engines, troubleshoots equipment problems and identifies when appropriate for external service provider to make repairs or perform warranty work on company vehicles.
- Identifies repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance of contractors or vendors; participates in estimates and evaluations of project costs; monitors work of vendors or contractors; assists in the review of new construction or remodel plans to assure compliance with facility maintenance standards.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of general construction, materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of Company facilities.
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2-3 + years relevant experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and work within budget
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Must possess and use good interpersonal skills and have the ability to interact well with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to the waist and 25 pounds to the shoulder.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of General Construction.
- Travel up to 50%.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Full Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and STD/LTD/Life
- Paid Holidays, Birthday & PTO (Paid Time Off)